Jim Hu joined NTD in 2001, and became a qualified patent attorney in 2002. In 2004, Jim obtained the qualification of judicial arbitrator. Jim’s primary technical areas cover microwave communication, digital communication, and electronic engineering, etc. As the bridge between NTD and Japanese clients, Jim provides various IP consultations and legal-related opinions for our clients.
Before joining NTD, Jim Hu taught at Xidian University, and was occupied with research and development work in Omori Electronics Limited.
Education and Training:
- Postgraduate Diploma Programmes of International Law, China University of Political Science and Law (CPUL), 2001-2003
- Training, SAIKYO Patent Office in Japan, 1992-1994
- B.S., Wuhan University, 1985
- Judicial Arbitrator, 2004
- Patent Attorney, 2002
Microwave Communication, Digital Communication, Electrical Engineering, etc.
English, Japanese, Mandarin
Global IP Contribution Award by Panasonic, 2002
Selected Seminars & Events:
- Speaker, Japan Intellectual Property Association (JIPA), December, 2017
Topic: Comments on Patent Cases
- Speaker, Japan Patent Attorneys Association, June, 2015
Topic: Points on Patent Drafting in Consideration of Patent Examination/Invalidation/ Litigation
- Speaker, Kanto Electrical Machinery Ministry of Japan Intellectual Property Association, June, 2013
Topic: Projects on Strategic Application of Intellectual Property in China
- Speaker, China Patent Seminar by SHIGA International Patent Office in Japan, November, 2012
Topic: Responses to Patent Infringement Litigation & Patent Invalidation, and Management of Inventions Developed in China
- Japanese Translation of Guidelines for Patent Application (2002), translator, published in 2002
- Japanese Translation of Guidelines for Patent Application (2010), translator, published in 2010
- Patent Passion is Burning, translator, 2003