Prior to joining NTD in 1999, Mr. CAI worked as a Mechanical Engineer for four years. Over the years, Mr. Cai has prepared and prosecuted for domestic and foreign clients thousands of patent applications, including drafting hundreds of patent applications in English. Mr. Cai has developed considerable experience in SIPO patent practice, including prosecution, reexamination and invalidation practice. He has also developed particular experience in patent infringement assessment and patent litigation as well as related matters. He has been an agent appointed by many well-known worldwide companies to handle the matters related to patent prosecution, patent analysis, patent invalidation and patent litigation.
Education and Training:
- Mr. Cai studied US patent law at Birch, Stewart, Kolasch & Birch, LLP in 2006
- Mr. Cai received his Bachelor of Science degree in 1991 and his Master of Science degree in 1994 from Beijing University of Science and Technology
- Patent Attorney
- IP Judicial Appraiser
General Machinery, Precision instrument, Medical apparatus, Electromagnetic apparatus, Environmental engineering, Industrial design, etc.
- All-China Patent Agents Association
- All-China Lawyers Association
- Invalidations and Administrative Lawsuits on invention and design patents of Robert Bosch GmbH
- Invalidations on invention patents of Schaeffler Technologies AG & Co. KG
- Invalidations on invention patents of WORLD WIDE STATIONERY MANUFACTURING COMPANY LIMITED
- Invalidation on invention patent of BSH Hausgeraete GmbH
- Infringement analysis on design patent of Philips
- Invalidations and Administrative Lawsuits on invention and utility model patent of Ningbo Guoxing
- Invalidations and Administrative Lawsuits on utility model patent of Ningbo Forward Invalidation
- Administrative Litigation and Infringement Lawsuit on utility model patent of Essence Fastener
Mr. Cai has been awarded with the title as one of “the most outstanding patent attorney in the IP Field” and “High-Level Intellectual Property Personnel” by All-China Patent Agents Association (ACPAA) for years.